Artist Development and Business
This course is aimed at young people who are interested in developing a career as a songwriter/performer/recording artist. It will give you the opportunity to develop your writing and performance skills with experienced industry professionals. You will be building on your own personal and social development, and work towards setting targets and achieving goals. Through the Recording Artist Development and Business course you will be exploring and practicing important skills and techniques.
On the course you will learn how to:
- Create and rehearse a performance of your own material
- Plan and stage events that you will manage as part of a team
- Write and record a collection of songs to an industry standard
- Learn how to earn a wage as an artist/songwriter
- Explore a range of techniques to develop effective song writing styles
- Learn and apply studio recording techniques
- Identify how to improve rehearsal practices
- Prepare and Perform a fifteen-minute set
- Be responsible for successfully managing RUN DV8
You will gain the following qualifications:
- Rock School L2 extended certificate (performance pathway)
- NCFE L1 award in interpersonal skills
- Level 1 or 2 functional skills in English, maths and ICT
Industry Opportunities / What can I do after?
You will have the opportunity to perform at various DV8 events. You will learn about the UK music recording industry, as well as have the opportunity to perform in front of an industry specialist panel (consisting of A&Rs, performers etc).
The Portfolio you build along with the skills you have developed can be applied to a range of jobs or training within the creative industries. You will be able to progress into a higher level course or a Music Business Apprenticeship with DV8 or other providers.