Live Events and Promotion
What is the Apprenticeship in Live Events and Promotion?
This Apprenticeship covers roles across the Live event and promotion industries including Festivals, Club promotion and Concerts.
You must be 16-24 years old at 1st August 2013 to be eligible for this course.
The delivery combines assessment of on the job training with specialist off the job training one day per week at a Dv8 training centre.
It is suitable for those working in a technical, artistic or administrative capacity on indoor or outdoor events, one-off events or tours and small to large scale productions.
This qualification addresses common skills and knowledge required in all aspects of putting on a show or event.
What to expect?
During the Apprenticeship you may be working as an event assistant, stage manager, marketing assistant or sound technician.
You will develop an understanding of the day to dayevents industry covering planning, marketing, production and health and safety.
The aim for this new Apprenticeship is to develop motivated and work-ready employees who are multi-skilled and can work across the industry.
Training and duration
The apprenticeship will last for 12 months
The training includes the following elements
- Understanding creative and cultural businesses
- Understanding how to develop creative and cultural ideas
- Understanding the creative and cultural industries
- Working in the creative and cultural industries
You will be able tochoose the award units that suit your intended progression route.
Here is a sample of the module choices available
- Prepare and maintain a budget for a live event
- Support the planning of a live event
- Contribute to the production and distribution of publicity material for a live event
- Support venue and stage crew in the preparation of a performance at a live event
- Research and assess the appropriateness of different types of venues for different types of live events
- Understand the role of marketing and advertising in live events and promotion
- Produce promotional material for the music industry
The Apprentice must be aged between 16-24 on 1 August 2013 for the Digital Media apprenticeship and the Live Events apprenticeship, have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A-C and must not have a degree.
Employment / Salary
As part of the apprenticeship you will be employed with a suitable employer. If you are already employed at a events company you can get your employer to refer you as an apprentice and continue your employment with them. If you are unemployed Dv8 will aim to match you with a suitable employer.
While the apprentice is at work the employer is will provide a basic salary. A minimum of £100 per week, full-time or £60 per week, part-time (3 days).
The apprentice will be based with the employer on a full or part time basis. Class room based training takes place 1 day per week at a DV8 training centre. Our training is delivered by active industry professionals with extensive experience.
How to apply
We are recruiting now – Media August 2013 / Events August 2013