Check out DV8 Fashion Design and Garment Manufacture Course
The course is aimed at budding young designers who are interested in taking up the challenge of working within the industry. Fashion is big business in the UK from the high street brands to designer labels within the world of Music & Entertainment. You will be working on fashion designs and garment making as well as develop your skills in digital photography and Photoshop. Your created designs and customized clothes will be presented to an industry guest and be featured at the IAMDV8 Fashion show event. You will also organize and participate in a photo shoot which includes photography, make up, styling and modelling.
On the course you will learn:
- Fashion design and illustration
- Garment making
- Digital Photography and Photoshop
- Take part in a real life photo shoot
- Take part in a real life fashion show
You will gain the following qualifications:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Fashion and Clothing
- Level 1 Award in Interpersonal skills
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy
Industry Opportunities/What can I do after?
The Portfolio you build along with the skills you have developed can be applied to a range of jobs or training within the creative industries. You will be able to progress into a higher level course or apprenticeship with DV8 or other providers.