Check out DV8′s latest course starting September 2013 Dance – Urban and Contemporary!
This course is aimed at young people who are interested in developing a career as a professional Dancer/Choreographer. It will give you the opportunity to develop your dance skills with experienced industry professionals.
You will be building on your knowledge of dance techniques with a view of showcasing your skills at live performances and work towards setting targets and achieving goals.
On the course you will:
- Learn a range of dance Street and Contemporary Dance techniques
- Learn rehearsal and performance techniques
- Go on Industry based trips
- Create your own performances
- Take part in our induction and enterprise project by getting feedback from working professionals from the dance/entertainment
- Be visited by guest speakers/tutors
- Learn about the business side of the arts industry
- Be given opportunities for work placement
- Build your portfolio for our L3 Performing Arts apprenticeship
You will gain the following qualifications:
- Edexcel BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Certificate in Performing Arts (Dance)
- Level 1 Award in Interpersonal skills
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy
Industry Opportunities/What can I do after?
The skills you have developed can be applied to a range of dance roles or training within the creative industries. You will be able to progress onto a L3 BTEC National at the DV8 Academy, or higher level course at other providers.