Music and Performance Skills
This course is aimed at young people interested in vocal performance, rapping and singing. It will give you the opportunity to develop your writing and performance skills with experienced industry professionals. You will be building on your own personal and social development, and work towards setting targets and achieving goals. Through the Music and Performance skills course you will be exploring and practicing important skills and techniques.
What will I learn?
On the course you will learn:
- Song writing
- Music Analysis – structure and techniques
- Running and participating in rehearsals
- Performance skills
- Recording vocals in a professional studio for showcase
- Planning and organizing an event
You will gain the following qualifications:
- Rock School L1 certificate (performance pathway)
- NCFE L1 award in personal and social development
- Level 1 or 2 functional skills in English, Maths & ICT
Industry Opportunities/what can I do after?
You will have the opportunity to perform at various DV8 events. You will learn about the UK music recording industry, as well as have the opportunity to perform in front of an industry specialist panel (consisting of A&Rs, performers etc).
The Portfolio you build along with the skills you have developed can be applied to a range of jobs or training within the creative industries. You will be able to progress into a higher level course or apprenticeship with DV8 or other providers.